Sunday, July 6, 2008

Other half: panacea

Let the instigation begin.

Though I am the captain within these walls,
You were the one who inculculated all that I ever knew.
I tried to surpass this feat;
And break away each time.

My instincts never failed.
It inveighed me to cut the tradition.
You hear what the screaming is all about.
You feel the rage pumping out;
Sending an unfamiliar route,
To search for the missing piece.

You tell what to do, but I act on it.
Control. When all the right things have left us ill-fated.
I suppose you get stranded in your own bitter realm;
And you get tired, but I keep on waiting.


They say, mind over matter;
I say, the heart is all that matters.

A panacea, for the untouchables.

BY PATTY CABRERA
a reply to "this armistice" by the receiving end of sirens

No comments: